THE SAINT PATRICK VISITOR CENTRE LTD
The Saint Patrick Centre Visitor Centre Ltd is one of Northern Ireland’s leading tourist attractions and the only permanent exhibition in the World about Saint Patrick. Every year the Centre attracts thousands of visitors to our multimedia exhibition, Café, Gift Shop, Tourist Information Centre and Art Gallery.
The Saint Patrick Centre is a registered charity and its objects are to:
a) Benefit the people of Downpatrick and the District of County Down without distinction of sex, race, political, religious or other opinion by the provision of a Visitor Centre with exhibits and collections, drama and displays in relation to the history of Saint Patrick and the area.
b) Provide for the advancement of public education in Downpatrick and the District of County Down without distinction of sex, race, political, religious or other opinion by the provision of a Visitor Centre with exhibits and collections.
The Saint Patrick Centre is seeking a dynamic Education Officer/Events Coordinator who can develop, manage, market and implement our educational program and annual events program, promote our unique exhibition and present this to visitors.
The successful candidate must have the ability to communicate and build relationships with schools, tour group operators, visitors and community groups. In addition the successful candidate needs to be able to organize large numbers of children in The Saint Patrick Centre working as part of a small team, sometimes as Duty Manager. Confidence in dealing with the public and addressing groups of people will be important.
Job Title: EDUCATION OFFICER/EVENTS COORDINATOR
Salary: £25,000 per annum
Working Hours: 37.5 Hours per week including weekends as required.
Location: The Saint Patrick Centre, Downpatrick.
Main Purpose: Developing, managing, marketing and implementing
• A high quality Education Programme exploring the history of Saint Patrick and his connections locally, nationally and internationally.
• An annual programme of events for all visitors.
Reports to: The Centre Director
Main Functions and Responsibilities
1. To create and deliver a new Education Programme for The Saint Patrick Centre that meets the requirements of the NI Curriculum.
2. To promote The Saint Patrick Centre Education Programme.
3. To promote the educational resources of the Saint Patrick Centre online.
4. Represent and promote The Saint Patrick Centre and its Education Programme to external education bodies (eg. schools and teachers) and the local community in order to establish a network of useful and productive partnerships.
5. To develop, implement and promote an annual events programme for The Saint Patrick Centre with particular consideration given to exhibits, collections, drama and displays in relation to the history of Saint Patrick and the area.
6. To assist the Director in the management and marketing of The Saint Patrick Centre and to act as Duty Manager when required.
7. To utilise social media to promote the Education Programme of the Saint Patrick Centre appropriately.
8. To develop and disseminate particular expertise within appropriate areas and to undertake or provide training as required.
9. Any other appropriate duties as shall contribute to the achievement of the purpose and function of this post as identified by the Centre and Board of Directors and Trustees.
* A third level qualification to Degree Level
* Ability to plan, deliver, develop and sustain activities in an engaging manner.
* Good written and oral communication skills.
* Interpersonal skills.
* Planning and organisation skills.
* Administrative skills.
* Time Management skills.
* Ability to effectively organize large groups.
Knowledge and Experience
* Experience of working with children and young people in an educational capacity.
* Demonstrate competence in using social media.
* Self-motivated and the ability to both work independently and as a team member.
* Strong sense of enthusiasm and commitment.
* Access to own transport to enable the full range of duties of the post to be undertaken.
* Developed administration skills.
Knowledge and Experience
* An interest in and knowledge of Saint Patrick.
* Experience of facilitation of groups and group activities.
* Experience of using ICT.
* Experience of Providing an Education Programme/events programme.
* Experience of operating recent Microsoft Office packages.
* Demonstrate knowledge of the NI Curriculum.
* Knowledge of Child Protection requirements.
* Experience of delivery of basic marketing strategies.
* Ability to network.
The Criteria may be enhanced.
The Post Holder must be prepared to accept evening, Bank Holiday and weekend work as part of normal duties and normal working hours of the post.
Disclosure of Criminal Background.
If you have been appointed for a post that involves ‘regulated activity’ under Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups (NI) Order 2007, The Saint Patrick Centre will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure of criminal Background. Please note that you WILL be expected to meet the cost of an Enhanced Disclosure Certificate, which is currently £33. Details of how to make the payment will be sent to you at the pre-employment stage.
Further details in relation to legislative requirements can be accessed on www.nidirect.gov.uk.
This appointment will be subject to satisfactory references being received. The Saint Patrick Centre will seek references from present/previous employers for posts.
Application Forms are available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
This job description describes the principal purposes and main elements of the job. It is a guide to the nature of the main duties as they are currently envisaged but it is not intended as a wholly comprehensive or permanent schedule of tasks. The post holder will be expected to work flexibly to changing business needs.